Let us pick up and haul away your old refrigerator or freezer for recycling—at no additional cost to you—and get rewarded!
Limited Time Offer!
- $75 Reward when you recycle an old, working refrigerator or freezer. Schedule your recycling appointment between February 1 and February 28, 2021, and have your unit picked up no later than March 15th, 2021 to qualify.
- $25 reward if you also recycle an old, working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time as your refrigerator or freezer.
At this time, we’re offering customers two ways to participate in our Appliance Recycling Program:
- Request an outside, no-contact pickup. We'll pick up plugged-in appliances from outside your home (garage, porch, outbuilding) for a contact-free pickup.
- Request an in-home, no-contact pickup. We’ll pick up plugged-in appliances from inside your home (basement, first, and second floors) while maintaining social distance of at least 6 feet.
What Is a No-Contact Pickup?
To ensure the safety of our customers and contractors in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, no-contact pickups will allow our staff to collect and recycle your old appliance(s) while maintaining a safe social distance from you. During your no-contact appliance pickup, our team will be wearing personal protective equipment, including masks. Our team can remove your old appliance(s) from one of the designated outside locations, including garages, porches or outbuildings, while you remain inside your home. Appliance not located in one of the designated outdoor pickup locations? We are now offering in-home appliance pickups. Our team will remove your old appliance(s) from the designated in-home locations, including basements, first, and second floors, while ensuring no physical contact is made with you.
To learn more about no-contact pickups, check out our FAQs.
Have questions? Call 866.898.1901 for more information.
Who Can Participate
- You must schedule your appointment between February 1, 2021 and February 28, 2021, and your unit must be picked up no later than March 15, 2021 to qualify for the limited time offer.
- Appliance(s) can be collected from inside or outside the home. Qualifying outside locations include garages, porches or outbuildings. The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliance(s) with mold or mildew damage.
- If the unit is located outside for a no-contact pickup, ensure that the refrigerator or freezer is closed securely and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- If the unit is inside for a no-contact pickup, elevator access is required for any refrigerators or freezers located above the second floor.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present at the time of pickup.
- Limit of three large units (refrigerators and/or freezers) and four small units (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per BGE residential household from 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2020.
Getting Your Reward
Renters and Landlords
If you are a renter or landlord applying for an appliance recycling reward, you may need to submit an additional form before you can receive your check. Learn more.